1. The case of OEM factory: The factory is merely a processing factory, and different applicants/manufacturers make use of the OEM factory to produce under the OEM factory’s system and use trademarks of different manufacturers in accordance with the design and production process control and inspection requirements provided by the manufacturers, the OEM factory shall be managed as a different factory based on different applicants, and their system elements will not be reviewed repeatedly, but the production process control and inspection and product consistency review shall not be exempted.
2. The case of ODM factory: Different applicants/manufacturers make use of the same design, quality system and production process control and inspection requirements for production but use trademarks of different manufacturers. For such case upon documentation review and confirmation by the certification body, the factory review can be exempted. (Where production conditions are the same, in case that the structural style is totally the same and only trademarks or product models are different, upon documentation review and confirmation, the type test can be exempted.)
3. Assembly manufacturing method at present for products similarly as mobiles: If mobile products are manufactured in the form of CKD or SKD and tested partially after assembly, the contents of the assembly may be quite cellular, but labels and certification marks are affixed and the nameplate production place is the same factory, then the compulsory product certification factory shall be the assembly factory and the control requirements of the factory on the supplier shall be examined strictly.
4. Production conducted in place A, replacement of plugs and labels attached in place B: If products are manufactured and tested in place A but for the purpose of entering into the Chinese market and meeting the requirements of China, the plugs are replaced and labels are attached at a convenient place B (may be a workshop, a repairing station or a warehouse), then the compulsory product certification factory shall be factory A, but the control of factory B by factory A shall be examined, and when necessary, special visits to factory B can be arranged.
5. Category III electrical appliance factory: The factory merely manufactures category III electrical appliances and purchases power adapters from the external source, while the testing, packing and delivery is conducted in the category III electrical appliance factory, and the management factory is positioned in this factory. The certification body shall strictly examine the factory’s control over the supplier of power adapters, and when necessary, special visits to the supplier of power adapters with no certification shall be arranged.
6. In case that the finished machines are manufactured in factory A and their cards and software are mounted in factory B, the compulsory product certification factory shall perform control over the operations of factory A against factory B, and the object of review of the production site and factory shall be factory A.